Saturday, July 7

Weekend Adventure


My de-stress tool and weekend habit is to bake a cake or cookies. I have recently been exposed to the art of icing. I bought myself a set of icing nozzles and sprinkles to teach myself how to decorate. Not only did I realize that it was hard, it can be really messy. Now and then I still find a sprinkle or two hiding somewhere in between my carpets.

After neglecting the Food Network for sometime now, I decided to dig up old recipes of pies. Yes the good ol' fashion pies. There I was flipping through the pages and realized that I have never baked a sweet potato pie before. I decided to mess up my kitchen and spend my time mashing up potatoes for a good 10 minutes. Trust me, best triceps and biceps workout yet. Top it up with some whipcream or ice-cream, or just eat it as it is.

As ambitious as I should be, I baked another first time pie, but this time with a fruity twist. I made a lemon curd with fresh fruit pie. I can't bring myself to put my knife through it. Too pretty to be eaten. But I love the presentation of this pie.

Finally, something more practical, down to earth, that is having to make my house smell like fresh baked goods, the Ultimate Peach Crumble Cobbler. It's gooey, oozing with peach syrup, crumble bits and finished with vanilla ice-cream. What else could go wrong? I just dug my spoon in the dish. *slurp*

No comments: