Thursday, June 28

New address

There seems to be some problem with my xanga. Hence after clicking on my friend's blog (thanks, Jen for re-introducing me a new way to 'unconditionally articulate'), I have decided to migrate to the new 'outer-xanga-space'. The features are not as intense but it looks a little more on the user-friendly end with no costs incurred.

I have been recently feeling awfully tired and overwhelmed. Both at work, with life and trying to catch up with old friends. I always had a passion for work and for fulfilling my dreams/desires. Now it's time to focus on what's best for me and what do I 'really' want to do.

Life happens in chapters:
  • First chapter, learn how to walk.
  • Second chapter, learn how to talk.
  • Third, learn how to fight.
  • Fourth, learn how to study with all your might.

Pretty soon, you are off and on your own. The world of politics, the world of work-a-holics, the world of Assholes. The art of 'B.S-ing' comes handy if and when your intention is to climb up the good ol' Corporate America. Want to survive the brutality at your workplace, READ: The No Asshole Rule by Robert Sutton. Brilliant! The basic common sense and 'tactics' of surviving a harsh work environment! Pretty soon it's going to be a mandatory orientation hit with the H.R personnel (or better known as Talent Management these days..) or perhaps have it embedded into company's policy?

Finally I've gotten the hang of it. After 7 years of mingling and observing from the sidelines. I am not up there yet but patiently building my fort, awaiting for the next opportunity to open up before I charge and conquer! Those endless nights and sick days are showing some ROI's. I wouldn't call being sick 'invested time', but I felt that I have paid off my dues.

So much has happened over the past few years. I feel that everything has flown over my head. Friends, family that have passed, friends that have moved on/away.... Let's just say, it's about time to reconnect and rekindle some relationships.

No comments: